Residential Organic Waste
ACE provides an option to sign up and participate in a weekly residential curbside organics recycling program.
This program is only available to customers in Hennepin County in cities which we service.
These cities include Brooklyn Park, Crystal, Dayton, Hanover (section of the city located in Hennepin County), Maple Grove, New Hope and Rogers.
This program is also available to non-city contract serviced customers in Champlin. Residents of Champlin serviced under the city contract, please contact our office for details. You must be an ACE garbage customer to enroll in this optional service.
How the Organics Program Works:
- Contact ACE to purchase and pre-pay for your Organics Recycling kit. The kit includes 60 BPI certified 13-gallon bags along with instructions. There is a one kit purchase limit each time a kit is ordered.
- You must only use the organics bags purchased from ACE to participate and have them collected with this program.
- There is a recurring monthly fee, plus fuel and material surcharge assessed on your ACE garbage invoice when enrolled in this program.
- The ACE garbage driver will deliver your organics kit on your regular collection day and apply an Organics sticker to your ACE garbage cart.
- On your regular garbage pickup day, simply place the securely tied organics bag(s) on top of any other garbage bags contained in your trash cart. The organic bag(s) MUST be the last bag(s) to be loaded into the ACE garbage cart before collection. Close the lid of your cart and to ensure collection place your cart street side by 6am.
- Your garbage driver will remove the organics bag(s) from the cart, dump the garbage cart and place the organics bag(s) on top of the closed lid of your trash cart.
- A second driver providing the collection of the organics bag(s) will be coming through to collect the organics bags that were placed on top of your cart. The collected organics bags will be brought to our facility and then they will be delivered to an industrial organics composting facility.