Residential Yard Waste
Yard Waste Pick Up
Season dates are subject to change depending on the weather Minnesota state law prohibits mixing brush, tree or yard waste with your household garbage.
2024 Season Dates: April 1 – November 30
In select cities, ACE provides a convenient wheeled yard waste cart for customers on our seasonal yard waste program. The wheeled cart is similar to a standard refuse container but it features a green lid and labeling to identify it as yard waste only. ACE provides curbside automated collection service using special trucks that have an automated arm. The driver of the truck uses the arm to lift the yard waste container and empties it in the truck. You must be an ACE garbage customer to receive this service.
- One wheeled 96-gallon container with a green flip top lid is provided in the base seasonal fee.
- If needed, you may add additional containers at a reduced seasonal fee per container.
- The Yard Waste Seasonal Program does NOT include additional compostable bag pickup outside the container(s). Due to safety and staffing challenges, any bags/bundles outside the container and yard waste in personal containers cannot be accepted..
- Place the loose yard waste directly in the container. Material should not extend above the lid opening.
- Acceptable material: grass clippings, leaves, straw/hay (not contaminated with animal waste), small brush/branches and garden waste-old flowers and weeds.
- Acceptable in small amounts: sod (dirt removed), acorns, pinecones, and pine needles, produce (apples, pumpkins, etc.) and wood chips.
- Additional branches, corn stalks, or tall grasses need to be cut down to fit in the container with the lid closed.
- Not accepted: rolls of sod, contaminated straw/hay, dirt, tree stumps, rock, lumber, treated wood, mulch and buckthorn weed.
- Automatically scheduled for weekly service. Due to fluctuating volumes during the season, collection times may vary. To ensure collection have the container(s) street side either the night before or by 6:00am on your service day.
- Keep the container(s) in the off season; it makes a great storage container for lawn care items!
- Seasonal Yard Waste Service is billed once annually for your convenience.
- Annual commitment is required.
|Spring Lake Park