Residential Yard Waste
Yard Waste Pick Up
Season dates are subject to change depending on the weather Minnesota state law prohibits mixing brush, tree or yard waste with your household garbage.
2021 Season Dates: April 5 – November 27
In select cities, ACE provides a convenient wheeled yard waste cart for customers on our seasonal yard waste program. The wheeled cart is similar to a standard refuse container but it features a green lid and labeling to identify it as yard waste only. ACE provides curbside automated collection service using special trucks that have an automated arm. The driver of the truck uses the arm to lift the yard waste container and empties it in the truck. You must be an ACE garbage customer to receive this service.
- Always use and fill the yard waste cart first, then set any additional bags/bundles at least 3 feet from the yard waste cart.
- Simply place the loose yard waste in the cart. Yard waste material should not over extend above the lid opening.
- Acceptable yard waste includes grass, leaves, brush/branches less than 6 inch diameter, and garden waste, including pumpkins.
- Not accepted - sod, dirt, tree stumps, rock, lumber, treated wood, straw
- Have items that won't fit in the cart? Any acceptable yard waste, such as branches, corn stalks, tall ornamental grasses, etc. should be cut in lengths no more than 4 feet long and bundled no more than 18 inches in diameter and placed at least 3 feet from the yard waste cart at the curb.
- Is your cart full? We accept a combined total of up to 15 additional bags/bundles of yard waste. Bags must be compostable and weigh no more than 30lbs. Simply place the additional bags/bundles 3 feet from the yard waste cart at the curb.
- Plastic bags are prohibited by state law and will not be accepted.
- To find retailers and identify the compostable logo to ensure bags are acceptable, visit www.bpiworld.org/BPI-Public/Program.html
- Service is automatically routed for weekly collection. To ensure collection, have the cart street side by 6:00 am on service day. Route times may vary due to high volume peaks.
- Customers with a yard waste cart are asked to keep the cart in the off season to avoid a delivery fee. They make a great storage container for garden hoses, sprinklers and other lawn care items!
- Seasonal Yard Waste Service is billed once annually for your convenience.
- Annual commitment is required.
On-Call Yard Waste Service
An on-call yard waste option with per bag and/or bundle charges is available. The service is provided on the same day as your trash removal. A yard waste truck will be scheduled to service your home, therefore a 24 hour advance notice is required.
- Please place the yard waste in compostable yard waste bags. Plastic bags will not be accepted.
- The bags should weigh no more than 30 lbs each.
- To ensure pick up, have the compostable bags curbside by 6:00 a.m. on service day.
- Branches/brush must be cut to lengths no more than 4 foot & firmly tied in bundles no more than 18 inches in diameter.
|Arden Hills||Maple Grove||Shoreview|
|Brooklyn Park||Mounds View||Spring Lake Park|
|Coon Rapids||New Brighton||Crystal|
|Golden Valley||New Hope|